Questions, questions, questions:
As an organiser of an event you have a duty of care to look after the audience you invite along. Here's a short list of sensible questions to ask anyone you book for your fundraising event whether that's a mobile disco, a caterer, entertainer or indeed a comedy club.
- Can I see your Public Liability Insurance Certificate, please?
- Can I see your risk assessment form for our event, please?
- Can you show me the PAT Test certificates for all your electrical equipment, please? Or, can you prove that it's under two years old?
- Can I see some references or testimonials please?
Questions they should really ask you:
- Where are the fire exits and fire assembly points?
- Where's the first aid kit?
Questions they will probably ask you:
- Can we have free food and beer, please?